Earn Your University of Fairfax
CISSP Prep Class
IA7000 Security in the Digital Age (CISSP)
In this course, students explore the eight domains of the (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) in information security as a framework to critically analyze security awareness issues and to evaluate best practices in implementing security systems within the enterprise. (3 credits)
- Explore the eight domains of the CISSP@ Body of Knowledge (BOK).
- Develop skills to master professional certification exam questions and time management techniques.
- Discuss basic security, information security governance and risk management concepts.
- Understand the importance of ethics in information security, compliance with legal and regulatory issues.
- Understand the role of personnel security policies and procedures, as well as documentation.
- Assess best practices which serve to manage and reduce security risks associated with various frameworks, networks and technology structures of an enterprise.
- To evaluate the impact of high level procedures, structures and standards used in defining, designing, & implementing information technology.
- Examine strategies for disaster recovery, business continuity, and security in operations.
Indeed.com ranked CISSP amongst The 20 Most-Requested Certifications by Employers in 2020.
Cybersecurity Education Path
Distinguish yourself and advance your cybersecurity career by following the University of Fairfax Online Cybersecurity Education Path. No matter which graduate program you pursue, all of your courses will explore relevant cybersecurity policy and management issues, and you will complete a cybersecurity project in each course. You can apply what you learn and make significant contributions in your workplace right away.