Welcome International Students!
University of Fairfax has a rich history of diversity and we appreciate the cultural perspective our international students bring to our classes. The University of Fairfax is an accredited graduate university dedicated to cybersecurity. As a result, we are a leading provider of senior cybersecurity professionals to both the public and private sectors.
Why University of Fairfax?
- Academic programs offered on-campus, online, and hybrid style.
- Curriculum Practical Training allows students to work up to 40 hours a week for 1 year without affecting OPT (Optional Practical Training).
- Part–time CPT up to 20 hours a week also an option for entire academic programs.
- STEM graduates are eligible to apply for a two year extension for their OPT.
- No CPT fees.
- No health insurance required.
- No hidden fees.
- Books included as part of tuition and fees.
International Student Residency Requirements
For international students, we offer hybrid programs that meet all SEVP requirements for students on F-1 visa, with on-campus residencies.
On May 31, 2022, The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) reissued its guidance for the 2022-23 academic year to clarify that the guidance only applies to nonimmigrant students who were actively enrolled at a U.S. school on March 9, 2020, and have continuously complied with the terms of their nonimmigrant status. Students who enrolled after March 9, 2020, must adhere to SEVP’s existing regulations regarding online learning, found at 8 C.F.R. 214.2(f)(6). Accordingly, we have updated our plan for delivery of education through in-person residency classes at the University of Fairfax.
- Beginning with Summer Session 22SU4 (June 27, 2022), nonimmigrant F-1 students who were actively enrolled at a US institution after March 9, 2020 will return to in-person residency classes.
- Nonimmigrant F-1 students who were actively enrolled at a US school on March 9, 2020 will continue to attend their residency classes via Zoom for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school year.