Welcome International Students!
University of Fairfax has a rich history of diversity and we appreciate the cultural perspective our international students bring to our classes. The University of Fairfax is an accredited graduate university dedicated to cybersecurity. As a result, we are a leading provider of senior cybersecurity professionals to both the public and private sectors.
Why University of Fairfax?
- Academic programs offered on-campus, online, and hybrid style.
- Curriculum Practical Training allows students to work up to 40 hours a week for 1 year without affecting OPT (Optional Practical Training).
- Part–time CPT up to 20 hours a week also an option for entire academic programs.
- STEM graduates are eligible to apply for a two year extension for their OPT.
- No CPT fees.
- No health insurance required.
- No hidden fees.
- Books included as part of tuition and fees.
Applicants with international credentials must arrange for a course-by-course evaluation of their transcripts to confirm equivalence to an accredited degree from the U.S. The University of Fairfax accepts evaluations provided by:
- World Education Services (WES)
- International Educational Research Foundation (IERF)
- Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE)
If the academic records are in a language other than English, an English translation is required that is as close to word-for-word as possible.
Payment Convenience through Flywire
The University of Fairfax has partnered with Flywire to streamline the international payment process. Flywire allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, typically in your home currency.
By making your payment with Flywire you can:
- Track your payments from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Contact their multi-lingual customer support team with any questions, day or night
If you have questions about making an international payment, visit https://www.flywire.com/help.
Statement of Identity
Required for Identity Verification. Please download and complete the Statement of Identity formand take with your Passport or a Photo ID to a notary or lawyer’s office to have them verify your identification. As a requirement per our accrediting agency and to ensure academic integrity, all new students are required to pass an Identity Verification. IMPORTANT: This is not a credit check.
Demonstrate English Language Proficiency
- Internet-based test: a passing score of 80 or greater.
- Computer-based test: a passing score of 213 or greater.
- Paper-based test: a passing score of 550 or greater.
- Complete IELTS® with a passing score of 6.5 or greater
- Demonstrate successful completion of an English as a Second Language program from any approved ESL school located in the United States