Welcome International Students!
University of Fairfax has a rich history of diversity and we appreciate the cultural perspective our international students bring to our classes. The University of Fairfax is an accredited graduate university dedicated to cybersecurity. As a result, we are a leading provider of senior cybersecurity professionals to both the public and private sectors.
Why University of Fairfax?
- Academic programs offered on-campus, online, and hybrid style.
- Curriculum Practical Training allows students to work up to 40 hours a week for 1 year without affecting OPT (Optional Practical Training).
- Part–time CPT up to 20 hours a week also an option for entire academic programs.
- STEM graduates are eligible to apply for a two year extension for their OPT.
- No CPT fees.
- No health insurance required.
- No hidden fees.
- Books included as part of tuition and fees.
International Student Residency Requirements
For international students, we offer hybrid programs that meet all SEVP requirements for students on F-1 visa, with on-campus residencies.
We are happy to report that on May 11, 2023, the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) terminated its Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) guidance to coincide with the end of the COVID-19 National Emergency and Public Health Emergency. Please read the full article here: SEVP COVID-19 Flexibilities Terminated.
As mentioned in the article, “while the Student and Exchange Visitor Program’s (SEVP) COVID-19 guidance is terminated as of May 11, 2023, Active F nonimmigrant students will be able to complete the 2022-23 academic year under the COVID-19 flexibilities through the 2023 summer semester. However, Active F nonimmigrant students will not be permitted to count online classes toward a full course of study in excess of the regulatory limits stated in 8 CFR 214.2(f)(6)(i)(G) for the 2023-24 academic year.” This regulation states that F-1 students may only count one online or distance education class (does not require the student’s physical attendance in the classroom) towards the full course of study requirement.
Accordingly, we have updated our plan for delivery of education through in-person classes at University of Fairfax (UF).
What does all of this mean?
- F-1 students may not attend classes fully online (including attendance via Zoom) for the 2023-24 academic year.
- UF’s 2023-24 academic year begins on August 1, 2023.
- Beginning with Fall Semester – 23FA3 (August 28, 2023), ALL nonimmigrant F-1 students will return to in-person residency classes.
- To meet the full course of study requirement, graduate and doctoral F-1 students will take one 16-week in-person residency course and one 8-week online course every semester.
- All F-1 students will be required to attend ONE 4-day residency weekend in-person at the campus site every semester.
- Residency location options for select programs at the University of Fairfax are Salem, VA and Louisville, KY. If you are interested in changing residency locations for 23FA3, please contact your Academic Advisor for assistance.