Earn Your University of Fairfax
Cybersecurity Best Practices Certificate
IA7000 Security in the Digital Age (CISSP)
- Explore the eight domains of the CISSP@ Body of Knowledge (BOK).
- Develop skills to master professional certification exam questions and time management techniques.
- Discuss basic security, information security governance and risk management concepts.
- Understand the importance of ethics in information security, compliance with legal and regulatory issues.
- Understand the role of personnel security policies and procedures, as well as documentation.
- Assess best practices which serve to manage and reduce security risks associated with various frameworks, networks and technology structures of an enterprise.
- To evaluate the impact of high level procedures, structures and standards used in defining, designing, & implementing information technology.
- Examine strategies for disaster recovery, business continuity, and security in operations.
IA7401 Ethical Hacking (ECH)
In this course, students will explore ethical hacking concepts. This course will provide insight into the legal aspect of ethical hacking as well as TCP/IP protocol, malicious software, footprinting, port scanning, programming concepts, embedded operating systems, and cryptography.
- Explain the TCP/IP protocol stack
- Identify physical security attacks and vulnerabilities
- Describe port scanning tools and types of port scans
- Explain techniques to harden Windows and Linux systems
- Identify vulnerabilities of embedded operating systems and best practices for protecting them
- Describe intrusion detection and prevention systems and Web-filtering technology
- Maps to the five phases of the EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker Certification
IA7402 Information Security Management (CISM)
In this course, students explore the five domains of the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM). This framework will include areas in information security governance, risk management, program development, program management, and incident management and response.
- Develop skills to master professional certification exam question and time management techniques.
- Apply security governance and risk management concepts.
- Assess the importance of incident management and response.
- Critically assess the role of the information security manager.
- Analyze best practices which serve to manage and reduce security risks associated with various frameworks, networks, and technology structures of an enterprise.
Join the Cybersecurity Elite
U of F Cybersecurity Education Path
Distinguish yourself and advance your cybersecurity career by following the University of Fairfax Online Cybersecurity Education Path. No matter which graduate program you pursue, all of your courses will explore relevant cybersecurity policy and management issues, and you will complete a cybersecurity project in each course. You can apply what you learn and make significant contributions in your workplace right away.